Monday, September 19, 2016

Review: "Gratitude: A Prayer and Praise Coloring Journal"

Let me start by saying I am not someone who journals or colors on a regular basis (in fact, not much at all). However, I received a copy of "Gratitude: A Prayer and Praise Journal" free from Tyndale Publishing for the purpose of reviewing it. The book has thick, brightly illustrated covers and heavier stock paper to make easier the task of writing and coloring in it. Aesthetically it is very appealing.

I thumbed through the pages, reading the prayers for each day and found them to light-hearted and simple yet guiding the heart toward gratitude. It is refreshing to find something that points to the Lord and serves as a daily reminder of all He has done for us. So many of these kinds of books are more self-centered than God-centered. This one, all though light and airy, points to Him.

Personally, I would not purchase this book for myself. It is more suitable for my teenage daughters than me. It would make a good gift book, but doesn't seem to be made for the serious journaler.

Downloadable samplers and sharable coloring pages can be found at Tyndale's Inspire Creativity board on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment